Wednesday, October 17, 2018

80's Hit Song Review: "Life Gets Better" by Graham Parker (1983)



U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Peak Position No. 94

Backstory: British singer and guitarist Parker released quite a few albums before releasing this single off of his album, The Real Macaw. It was a really minor blip on the Hot 100 for only two weeks, but was a Top 40 success in Australian, peaking at No. 35 on the Australian singles chart. Parker would release a lot more music over the years and tour often as well.

The Review: Yet another great 80's song I can't believe stalled so gosh darn low on the Hot 100. This is easily one of his all time best songs, so I'm just shocked that this tune stalled so low. The positive message, the strings, and guitar make this tune an overlooked masterpiece. Such a bummer it peaked so low here in America.

Final rating:9/10

And as always, don't forget to comment down your opinion on this tune below.

1 comment:

  1. Great song, great artist. I first found out about Graham through his song, "Local Girls." I had a whole article about that song in my drafts folder, but I never quite completed it or posted it to my blog.

    ReplyDelete