Monday, September 10, 2018

So THIS Happened To Me Today...

Small world we live in... So, I was at a place for job skills training and today was my first day at the place. I'm at this place for two weeks from 9-3 on Mon-Thurs and from 9-12 on Friday. Well, I met this really kind man in his 40's who noticed my Beatles shirt and told me they were epic and that I had great taste in music. Next he asked me if I knew who Barry McGuire, singer of the famous 1965 No. 1 one hit wonder, "Eve of Destruction" is. I told him that yes I knew, and it's not only because he wanted to test out my musical knowledge. It turned out that HE IS THE SON OF BARRY MCGUIRE. His name is Brennan, and he's a classically trained pianist. Turns out, after his short amount of fame, Barry and his family moved and still reside to this day in the city that I live in. McGuire also was behind the absolutely timeless 60's classic, "California Dreaming" by Mamas and the Papas. Small world, isn't it?

But that's not ALL... Turns out my mom had a classmate named Steve McGuire back in the 70's when she was in elementary school, and he is Brennan's half brother. He now resides just north of San Francisco. My mom had to ask him because she needed to make sure. She still remembered details about him: light blonde hair, but most importantly, she still remembered after ALL of these years, something that Steve said: That his father was a famous singer and musician.

This experience made my entire day.


1 comment:

  1. That's an incredible story. "McGuinn and McGuire couldn't get no higher in L.A. You know where that's at."

    ReplyDelete